|Inclusion criteria||Exclusion criteria|
- Bilateral symmetrical impacted mandibular third molars.
- Indication for removal of mandibular third molars.
- Age between 18 and 40 years.
- Infections and inflammatory symptoms in the oral cavity at the time of surgery.
- Previous maxillofacial trauma.
- Craniofacial clefts or syndromes.
- Systemic bone disease (i.e. arthritis) or diabetes mellitus.
- Active acne vulgaris, viral, and fungal infections.
- Psychological disease.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Failure to attend follow-up.